How can we work together to shape our towns and cities for the better?
25th February 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
In this roundtable discussion we will hear from the panel about their experiences with involving and engaging local people in decision-making.
- What does best practice look like?
- How can we use the tools we already have to mobilise those with ideas?
- What new tools do we need to be more imaginative and collaborative?
- How can we involve young people and members of the communities whose voices are often overlooked?
- How do we promote best practice to empower the decision-makers?
The landscape of our towns and cities has been shaped by a small group of people – landowners, local authorities, planners, architects and developers. The communities who inhabit them have had very little influence over the process and consultation has often been too little and too late.
But things are changing. Social media has empowered people like never before and the public response to climate change, Black Lives Matter and the Grenfell Tower fire have shown that people are no longer afraid to speak up and demand change.
Our towns and cities are grappling with problems like dying high streets, housing shortages, investment in infrastructure, and the creation of parks and open space. The Government is promising to ‘build back better’. So how can we harness the energy and desire to be involved and tap into that renewed sense of community, so that people can make an active and positive contribution to shaping their environment?
FREE to attend.
Register HERE to secure your place:
- This event has passed.