Write for Your Website: How to Turn What You Do Into Words
September 20 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on 20th September 2018 at 6:30pm
Getting the text right on your website is crucial if you want your clients to understand what you do. Over the course of two hands-on sessions, you’ll learn new ways to write about your practice, your projects and yourself.
The first session will cover:
- key strategies to make an impact with fewer words
- simple tricks to draw out what makes your practice different
- writing a practice profile and a bio which get to the heart of what you do.
The second session will cover:
- ways to bring out the stories in your work
- making the most of the words alongside the images
- writing one complete project description.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll have got the critical elements of your website written and you’ll have the framework and the inspiration to write the rest. And you’ll have learnt the secret of writing – and talking – about what you do.
About the lecturer:
Juliette Mitchell worked for many years as an editor at Penguin Books. She now runs architypal.co.uk, helping architects write about what they do.
- This event has passed.