Winning New Work Through Tenders
1st November 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on 8th November 2018 at 6:30pm
Winning tenders is not a dark art, and contrary to popular opinion, it’s rarely just on price or about who you know. This is your opportunity to get some insight into the what, why and how, so that you can save time and money and bid successfully.
In this two part course we’ll tackle the three key elements of winning:
- where to find out about opportunities
- understanding the paperwork and how it’s evaluated
- how to show off your company’s skills and experience
You’ll get some tips on how to carry out an effective assessment of the opportunity, saving you countless days of wasted time and resources by not bidding on the wrong projects. You’ll also get a good understanding of what’s going on behind the scenes, see how to structure effective responses to get the maximum points and minimise your reliance on being the cheapest bidder. These sessions are your chance to ask lots of questions and get answers to help you become more successful.
Session one will cover:
- When are tenders used?
- The types of formats and how they should affect your approach
- Public sector v Corporate/Commercial
- Finding opportunities in your target sector
- Carrying out effective analysis of the opportunity – can you win?
- Answering the questions
There will be a small assignment (optional) for you to complete prior to Part Two
Session two will cover:
- Evaluation & scoring systems
- Pricing v Quality
- What buyers want to hear about, including the unwritten requirements
- Example questions and writing targeted responses (part 2)
- Getting ready to bid
- This event has passed.