Winning and commissioning good work through collaboration
April 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join high profile speakers and like-minded practitioners at this event to showcase the importance of collaboration in winning and commissioning good work.
- Take away practical tips for your own business on how interesting (and unusual) partnerships can help you win work
- Hear from those commissioning projects about the challenges they face and hear about good practice and new innovations that can improve the experience of the commissioning process and the quality of the end result
The event will be informal in style, but high impact in content. It will consider themes of risk, both in procuring and tendering for work, capacity to develop new business and how to overcome skills shortages.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kiran Pawar, Development Director – HB Reavis UK and Natalie Essa, Development Manager – HB Reavis UK
- Chris Romer-Lee, Founder and Director, Studio Octopi, Thames Baths CIC and HMS Parliament, the floating parliament
- Cathering Greig, Director, Make:Good
- Dan Taylor, Regeneration Programme Manager, Southwark Council
- Hannah Lambert, Associate, Public Practice
- Dean Bové and Jon Miller, Co-Founders, Architects Republic
- Russell Curtis, Director, RCKa architects, Mayor’s Design Advocate
Cost: FREE (Tickets are now SOLD OUT, but do contact to be placed on the waiting list). Refreshments will be served, with Japanese street food from Lower Marsh Market.
Timings: 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start.
RSVP to email@example.com by 29th March to register.
Who should attend:
Practitioners across the built environment sector, including private companies, public bodies, university practitioners and students. Both commissioners and implementers of public realm projects will be represented in the debate.
The event is delivered by Build Studios, London’s only co-working space for the built environment sector. We provide affordable workspace for new companies, business support and events, and promote a social give-back programme to broaden access to careers in the built environment sector. One of our core aims is to promote improved collaboration across and beyond the sector.
[Images: Thames Baths – Studio Octopi & Picture Plane. HMS Parliament – Studio Octopi, Beckett Rankine, Expedition Engineering, Jackson Coles, Houlder & Securewest. Westminster Bridge Road public art – Make:Good]